Monday, December 8, 2014


      My goals and intentions in this artwork was to try and find colors that would work out for a mask and trying to make it look mysterious and cool. I accomplished those things by combining the right colors, by cutting out more of my mask, and adding the black on top. My painting is about mark making. The most difficult challenge I had to face was putting black ink on all of my prints in the end. I met that challenge by putting enough ink on my cut and lining it up right. If I didn't do that the whole painting would be off. My painting really works in my background colors, because the color combinations make it look like everything trying to combine to be one. I have learned all about print making and how to align things right. I can bring that to my next piece of artwork because lining everything up right is important. If I had a do-over I would have made for prints out of different colors, because I liked combining all the colors and making a new edition of prints. I feel whats best about my work is that I made all of the colors work together. I combined colors like pink, yellow, and white to give an orange look. I then would combine yellow, green, blue and white to make either a green-blue or a lime green.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors and the variety. You show lots of experimentation . each one is an original and stands on it's own. Lots of fun.